Alerts & What’s Trending
- Tech Tracker: Third-party delivery giants keep adding new bells and whistles
- How Farm-to-Table Restaurants are Bringing About Change in an Industrialized Food System
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Market Employee Safety on Your Website
- Is the Rise of the Restaurant QR Code Overblown?
- Loyalty Programs Emerged as a Restaurant Must-Have in 2020
There are constraints on value-added and processed items. The shortage on labor continues to affect the market.
Wheat has been increasing since July, up 75%. Canola oil trends higher.
Natural mozzarella and processed cheese was up due to increasing demand and labor shortages. Egg market is down with large supply and flat demand.
Limited availability depending on grade. Strips, tenders and ribs, are leveling in price.
Retail demand drove lift in pork butts. Bellies should be close to their peak.
Chicken market is low as we approach the slow time of the year. Jumbo wings were own with increased availability. Medium and small wings stayed steady.
Alaska snow crab quota has been cut 88% while domestic shrimp is in good supply. Cod quotas will be announced shortly with reductions for 2022.