Alerts & What’s Trending
- How is Inflation Affecting Restaurants?
- Cities Roll Back Restaurant Vaccine Mandates as Omicron Sputters
- Overtime Costs Surge for Restaurants as Fewer Workers Shoulder the Workload
- Understanding your sales rep can make for a better beverage program
- Why Restaurant Data Analytics are a Necessary Tool for Success
Mushrooms are in a dire state. High prices and limited availability continue to plague the industry.
Slight break last week in the soybean oil market. Canola remains firm. We can expect higher canola values.
A downturn in retail demand has brought the egg market down. Butter markets are up for the week because of tight milk supplies. Available inventories caused the block and barrel market to move up.
Chucks and rounds are trending lower. Cattle harvest is approaching pre-COVID levels. Demand should be more evident this week. Rib, tenders and strips may have reached lows last week.
Butts are steady. Export markets are seeing increased demand in hams. Spareribs move up for next week. Low demand for retail bacon is causing bellies to hold firm. Boneless butts are more available across markets.
Wings are more readily available. Random breast market is very strong and continues to increase. Boneless dark meat is stable. Portion control breast have strong demand.
Mahi-mahi portions will be tight due to below average harvest in 2021/22 season. Swordfish is considered a great alternative. Record low harvest for Gulf Oysters due to mortality rate. Half shell oysters will be tight through summer.